Friday, August 11, 2006

2D or not 2D

2D or not 2D?......that is the question. When it comes to creating art for the upcoming Box Show some of us 2d artists struggle with this question. What I normally do is create something 2d first which I'm more comfortable with, and then try to create something 3d. If it doesnt work out then I have my 2d to fall back on.

I have an idea for a 3D piece that will require some help from 2D artists. It involves creating a retangular structure using pieces of masonite board. It's basically a mini millenium project. Only the structure will be made out of painted boards instead of cast in bronze. Let me know if you're interested. I will provide the boards for this.

If photographers can figure out how to affix a photo onto a board we can make a mini photo millenium too.

No comments: